Computer Science Projects
I will try to update this list as frequently as I can, but you should be able to see the latest list of computer science projects I created on my personal Github.
Operating Systems Projects
- Understanding Operating System Overhead
In this assignment, students will explore the cost of context switching and OS invocation by timing System Calls and Signal Handling.
- CPU Virtualization: User Level Threads and Scheduler
In this assignments students will explore CPU virutalization by implementing their own user-level threading library and scheduler.
Distributed Systems Projects
- Understanding RPCs: The Bulletin Board Web Service
In this project, students will explore Remote Procedure Calls using the modern framework of gRPC and Google Protocol Buffers.
- Restful Web Services: A Foodie Web Service
In this project, students will explore RESTful Design by implement a RESTful web service that also makes RESTful requests to external APIs.
- MapReduce: Processing Reddit Data
In this project, students will explore distributed computing programming by using the Map Reduce framework to perform data processing on real Reddit Data in a distributed manner.
Computer Security Projects
- Cryptography Complexity: Cracking Simple Substitution Ciphers
In this project, students will explore the complexity of simple substitution ciphers and try and come up with programs that can automatically break them using brute force/frequency analysis.
- Understanding Encryption: Encrypting Files with Java
In this assignment, students will explore how to encrypt and decrypt files in Java using public-key cryptography and symmetric key cryptography to carry out secure file sharing.